Last updated October 22, 2010
The Franciscan Collaborative Ministries (FCM) value your support and are committed to protecting your privacy. The purpose of this statement is to share with you our policy concerning your privacy.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- When you visit our site, we collect some non-identifying basic information. This includes total number of visitors, pages viewed, and other non-identifying information. We use this aggregate information to improve our site and to make your experience on our website as smooth as possible.
- Donations made on-line to us are secure. When you make a donation on-line, we ask for your name, address, daytime phone, e-mail address, and credit card information. We use your information to process your donation(s) and to verify credit card data. We use your mailing address to send your tax-deductible receipt(s) and we may use your email address or mailing address to keep you informed about what we are doing through our publications.
- FCM will discontinue contacting any person upon that person's oral or written request.
- We do not knowingly collect any personal information from a child without the consent of the child's parent(s). Children under the age of 13 should obtain parental consent before ordering material from our site.
Do we share your information?
- We do not share your personal information with any third party. It is our policy not to sell, trade, or rent your personal information to anyone. We reserve the right to change our policy at any time. If we choose to change our policy, you will be given the option to remove your name from our database before the change is implemented.
- We may disclose to third parties aggregate statistics regarding donations but these statistics do not include any personally identifying information. The information given includes: total number of donors, total amount of donations for specific periods of time, and referring websites. Aggregate information of this kind is used to encourage fundraising partnerships.
- We use a third-party financial institution to process our credit card transactions. They receive the credit card number and other personal information of our donors only to verify credit card numbers and to process credit card transactions in a secure environment.
How do we provide a secure environment for on-line donations?
- Our on-line donation processing system allows you to make safe donations and purchases. We use the latest encryption technology, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to insure that no one can read your information as it is entered at our web site.
- Although FCM takes every reasonable precaution to prevent the unauthorized disclosure of personal information, our security measures may not prevent all loss, misuse or alteration of information on our website. FCM is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such security failures. You understand that unauthorized third parties might access data and communications, including e-mail and other electronic communications, when it is communicated over the Internet.